Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spicing It Up: Grouper or Other Thick White Fish in Yellow Curry

I used cod in this one, because it was on sale at Whole Foods. This reminds me: find a good fishmonger and butcher near Stuyvesant Town. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Whole Foods is expensive, and what's more, I long for a personal kind of connection with the person preparing my meats. Is that really so strange?


Anyway, this is a recipe that is endlessly variable; once I was done making it, or maybe about five minutes before I was done, I started to think that it'd do really well with some red peppers, or just about any other vegetable. Also, fish works really well here (you keep it in big chunks, which keeps it a little more tender) but I think any seafood (or even meat for that matter) would be great. Shrimp next time, maybe. In the end, it could have used more heat, and we doused it in some sriracha, but other than that, my first curry was remarkably easy and really tasty.

Apologies for the photography, I kept forgetting to take photos. What you see is the curry right before the fish when back into it.
blog comments powered by Disqus