Monday, April 13, 2009

Light, Fast, Easy: Grilled Squid

So, this one is sort of an approximation. Grilled Octupus, something I definitely still mean to try, involves simmering the cephalopod for about an hour until it's "nearly tender." Then you grill it up, with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice just till it's a bit crisp. That's it.

Grilled Squid 1.jpg
I had squid in the freezer (how awesome is the top hat-wearing squid on this package?), so I used that instead. Basically, I cut out the simmering and went straight to the grill (a stovetop cast iron thing that's a bitch to take out and clean at the end of the night, but really gets the job done).

Grilled Squid 2.jpg

Served it with garlic bread and a salad. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a light, springy seafood and greens meal after so much brisket etc.

3 comments:

  1. yours looks good, but nobody does squid (or pulpo) like the Spaniards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks gorgeous until i think of it as food. call me small-minded, but not even you can make me want to eat a tentacle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your loss, Al and all the other squid haters. The tentacles are the best part!

    ReplyDelete